Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How do I perform a PC Restore on my Dell?

According to the online owner's manual, if I want to restore my Dell to its original operating state; I must wait to see a blue bar during the boot process and then press CTRL and F11. The problem is; there is no blue bar during the boot process. I pressed CTRL and F11 anyway but nothing happened. The owner's manual for this model (Inspiron 530s) says that this should work, so what's the problem?How do I perform a PC Restore on my Dell?The system should have restore cd's or a restore partition of the hard drive.If it is cd's then you will have to inset into the cd/dvd drive and make sure the cd/dvd drive is the first boot device so that the system will start from the cd/dvd drive to restore your system.If is on a partition hard drive, then it must be the first boot device and follow onscreen instructions or press F8 after the bios screen displays within the options select pc restore. Make sure you back up your files first.How do I perform a PC Restore on my Dell?Back up all the data that you want to save. Once you reformat and restore the computer, all existing data will be completely erased. This includes any email, program files and drivers. Be sure to save your “My Documents” folder.





Reboot your computer. As it boots up, a blue bar will appear across the top of the screen, displaying www.dell.com. As soon as you see this bar, press the “Control + F11” buttons. If you can't press these buttons in time, the computer will complete the boot process.





Click “Restore” on the screen that appears. A warning message will appear, indicating that you will lose all your data. This will initiate the restore process, which will take up to 10 minutes.





Once the process is complete, a message will appear indicating that the system recovery process was successful. Click “Finish” to reboot your computer. Your hard drive is now restored to its original configuration.



For more info visit http://windows7.iyogi.netHow do I perform a PC Restore on my Dell?from the time you turn on your computer, start pressing F11 about once every second. It'll eventually catch the command.



If you're using a USB keyboard, you'll want to go to the bios and make sure that USB is enabled. Otherwise you may need to get an old PS2 connection type of keyboard as it will definitely be compatable with the bios where USB sometimes has issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment