Saturday, February 18, 2012

How come my dell desktop cant access the internet?

I'm fully aware that I'm not contacting dell support but I figure maybe someone out there can help me. To get straight to the point my desktop cant connect to the internet. I know its not my connection or ethernet cord because when I plug it into my netbook it works fine. When I plug the ethernet cord into my desktop it will read "limited or no connectivity" and I cant access the net. Anyone know what could be wrong?How come my dell desktop cant access the internet?look in device manager to be sure your NIC is working properly. If not go to Dells website, download and install the latest drivers. Lots of people are upgrading to Windows 7 and finding out that there are no drivers available.



Next get to a command prompt (cmd.exe).

Type "ipconfig /release "

then type "ipconfig /renew



If you provide more information you may get a better answer.

Your OS

Did you upgrade

Did it ever work

Describe your home networkHow come my dell desktop cant access the internet?If it is a Vista or 7 operating system, you will have to "trust" the network you are connecting to. Go to control panel, network and sharing centre, and change to a trusted network - home or work. It's probably showing unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment