Saturday, February 18, 2012

Can I upgrade to any size monitor, any brand, for my 4-yr old Dell desktop or are there limitations?

I have a Dell Dimension 2350 computer with the monitor that came with the package. I want to upgrade to a larger screen. Will any monitor I buy hook into the back of the computer or do I need to look for a certain kind of monitor? And do I have to stick to Dell?Can I upgrade to any size monitor, any brand, for my 4-yr old Dell desktop or are there limitations?Your particular Dell has a 15-pin VGA port. VGA is an industrywide standard, which means your computer will work with any monitor with a standard VGA input, no matter what brand it is.



So just make sure whichever monitor you are buying has a VGA port, and you are good to go.



Keep in mind some of the latest monitors are DVI-only, HDMI-only, or DisplayPort-only. Those have no VGA ports and will not work with your computer. That's why it's important for you to make sure the monitor has a VGA port before you buy it.Can I upgrade to any size monitor, any brand, for my 4-yr old Dell desktop or are there limitations?
Any monitor will do it. Can I upgrade to any size monitor, any brand, for my 4-yr old Dell desktop or are there limitations?Any Monitor Will work. Just make sure it has the same hookup as the old one.



But any Brand should do it. Dell may be Nazi but not that NaziCan I upgrade to any size monitor, any brand, for my 4-yr old Dell desktop or are there limitations?
Make sure it hooks to your computer with a VGA slot (pictured below it's a blue plug-in)



http://www.tvone.com/images/1t-vga-cattx鈥?/a>



NOT a DVI slot, older computers don't have this (pictured below, it's a white plug-in)



http://www.atmarkit.co.jp/fsys/cableconn鈥?/a>Can I upgrade to any size monitor, any brand, for my 4-yr old Dell desktop or are there limitations?nah with a dell you will be fine. They are pretty much universal.
  • dominoes online
  • flight simulator games
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment