Sunday, February 12, 2012

How do I connect my game systems to my dell monitor?

Well I want to connect that yellow cord from the the yellow, red, and white cords that are used to connect most game systems to T.V.s, to a weird dell cord which i will hopefully post a picture of, or give a link to a picture of it.How do I connect my game systems to my dell monitor?The first image is a set of Composite AV (audio/video) cables. The Yellow cable carries the video signal, while the other two cables (red and white) carry the audio signal.



The second image of the blue plug is a VGA cable/connector.



If your monitor does not have Composite input(s), then it might be possible to buy an adapter, but I am not sure what kind of picture you will get. I have used other cables for adapting VGA/DVI/HDMI, but I have never used one to go from Composite Video to VGA.



Essentially you will only need to adapt the Composite Video to VGA. Please note that VGA will not carry audio because it is only a video connection. In order to receive audio the other two cables will need to plug into speakers or an audio receiver etc. If you need to make the remaining audio cables into a headphone jack/different input it can be done by using an adapter as well. For example you can take the audio cables to a 3.5mm jack (headphone input) with an adapter.



I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment