Monday, January 30, 2012

What is the best processor that I can upgrade to for my Dell Dimension XPS T700r?

I've heard that this dell only supports processors with 100MHz front side bus and I've also heard that updating the BIOS might help. I just want as much speed as I can get.What is the best processor that I can upgrade to for my Dell Dimension XPS T700r?going by the specs,

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/sy鈥?/a>

the fact that this system has a 440BX chipset does limit you to the CPUs listed there. Anything faster (for Pentium III) requires a 133 Mhz bus. Plus, it can only go to 768MB RAM - that's good for XP, but you're not going to run Vista on this machine, and it's not going to win any races running XP, either. Maxing the RAM, upgrading the BIOS, maybe a faster hard drive - those are the options with this system, short of a new motherboard and CPU, but if you're going to get into multiple upgrades, you should seriously think about a new PC.What is the best processor that I can upgrade to for my Dell Dimension XPS T700r?This is a general Pdf from Support/Dell.com http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/sy鈥?/a> Click on the third line down in blue.(ya-da,ya-da Systems Reference and Troubleshooting Guide) Info on your system suggests to me that a Intel 850MHz cpu is top's for your system. Check into Intel.com's website on speeding up your cpu a little bit. 768 MB's of ram is max, and I saw 133MHz speed, top's according to the above doc. Check Weirdstuff.com,(computer parts!), cheap, quality parts,(mobo's, cpu's, ram, etc.), for people with limited fund's,(that's just about all of us!)

No comments:

Post a Comment