Monday, January 30, 2012

How do i restore my dell computer?

I have a dell dimension 2400 xp computer. I am needing to restore it and I dont need to back up anything. I have all the disc for drivers and also the operating system but I do not have the restore disc. any suggestions?How do i restore my dell computer?If you have the OS %26amp; Drivers disc, you don't need a restore disc. Just put the XP Disc in and restart the computer. Check here for more instructions.



http://support.dell.com/support/topics/g鈥?/a>How do i restore my dell computer?you can do pc restore. different process for xp %26amp; vista.

for xp: switch on the computer. press %26amp; hold down the ctrl key %26amp; start tapping F11, this will take you to pc restore scr %26amp; follow onscreen instructions frm there.

for vista: switch on the sys %26amp; start tapping F8. then repair your computer, then choose keyboard language settings for your country (keep it US), then it will ask you to select username %26amp; put the password if you have one. after that it will take you to recovery console where you choose "dell factory image restore" or "dell data safe image restore". select this option %26amp; choose next. from there just follow onscreen instructions %26amp; you are sorted. pc restore will bring the pc back to the original dell factory settings as it came straight from dell.

***pc restore will work only if the hard drive has not been formatted or replaced before***

No comments:

Post a Comment