Monday, January 30, 2012

How can i get my dell dimension 4550 sound card to work?

I have a Dell Dimension 4550 with windows xp professional. The sound stopped working. when I try to listen to something like music it gives me a message that says I either don't have any audio hardware installed or it is not responding. I know it is installed because the sound used to work, but I have no idea why the sound card isn't responding. Please does anyone know how to get it to work?How can i get my dell dimension 4550 sound card to work?Go to dell site, reinstall drivers for audio ~



Edit : Use another computer and download the drivers, make a cd for it or put on a flash drive.How can i get my dell dimension 4550 sound card to work?Been here done this. Assuming the card didn't just up and die (which they do), I would first open the computer (if not still under warranty, as this may void it) and carefully push down on the card to make sure it is properly seated.



The next step is to remove the card, blow it off with a computer pressurized air can, especially near the connection points, carefully reseat it and try again.



Obviously the computer should be off for all reseating and removal and re-installation.

No comments:

Post a Comment