Monday, January 30, 2012

How can I activate a Dell Windows Xp I loaded on a HP desktop?

I have the original disk of my Dell Laptop and I installed it on my HP desktop because I reformatted the HP a couple of years back and besides it didn't come with a disk, it came with a partition with the OS loaded. Please help. I need to activate this copy.. but HOw?How can I activate a Dell Windows Xp I loaded on a HP desktop?There will be no drivers for the HP on the dell windows restore disk and that windows will be registered to the dell computer system.so MS will not activate that copy



Best thing you can do is download and install Linux on your HP system...Now here is some thing you don't know, HP support Linux, they won't tell you they do, but they do.. just go to HP website and search for linux.. you will see that they support Linux for all their business systems,



Linux is free to downlod and use on any computer. without activation. you will get all the software you will ever need also free. Linux is faster, more secure and it puts vista to shame



I am not sure what version of linux HP support I think it is Red Hat Linux, if it is then download Fedora 9 from the web link below there are other linux version you can try out also

check out the linksHow can I activate a Dell Windows Xp I loaded on a HP desktop?You can't.... legally - load one OS purchased for one CPU on another.



You should however have a CD KEY on your case. Use that.How can I activate a Dell Windows Xp I loaded on a HP desktop?Either buy a license or use the license key from the sticker on the side of the HP. If no sticker is available then you are in a pickle, unless you have an original license from Microsoft.How can I activate a Dell Windows Xp I loaded on a HP desktop?
Operating System is design for single Computer only. Since your OS comes from your Dell laptop, I doubt it if Microsoft grant you to install it in other PC. But try to contact Microsoft maybe they will allow you

No comments:

Post a Comment