Monday, January 23, 2012

Can put my hard drive from a Dell to a custom built PC without major issues?

I have an old Dell running on a Pentium4. If I just put the hard drive from that onto a custom built PC with an AMD Athlon 64 single-core processor, would I have a lot of problems? Can I do this and just replace all the Dell drivers and software with my new systems' drivers and software and have it work seamlessly?Can put my hard drive from a Dell to a custom built PC without major issues?If your hard-drive doesn't have any OS installed into it then there wouldn't be a problem. If that's not the case then I would suggest to at least uninstall all of your current device drivers before putting it in your custom built machine.Can put my hard drive from a Dell to a custom built PC without major issues?
Shouldn't be a problem. I made a hard drive from a Dell into an external without any issues. Your new system should just detect it, without a need for any specific drivers.Can put my hard drive from a Dell to a custom built PC without major issues?No, never ever use pre installed windows with a new motherboard, you will be lucky to get it started seemlessly, if you were to get rid of the old or reinstall windows on your new system you wont have any problems.
First i suggest you make a backup or a copy of your hard and than go ahead try it it should work because most hard D's are compatible.Can put my hard drive from a Dell to a custom built PC without major issues?hmm it should do. more luck if its sata than ide so u dont have to set the slave etc..



but yknow its always better to .. NOT take all the junk from one infested hdd and put it in a shining new computer. just backup what you want then format that hdd and put it on later etc.



if the hdd has an operating system on it and u wanna put it in an amd.. there miight be problems.



ul sort it out tho im sure!Can put my hard drive from a Dell to a custom built PC without major issues?
yes, you can do this. I've done it before. You will have to update your drivers, and such, but my system still works fine.



fyi.
Yeah it'll be fine



Can I have 10 points?????Can put my hard drive from a Dell to a custom built PC without major issues?
to install the old harddrive you have really 2 options, the easy way is to wipe the drive and install, then reinstall OS with new drivers, etc. for new machine, a "fresh load" as it were, now you can install the drive and keep data and the os, but you have to restart your dell in safe mode, then manually unistall ALL the device drivers that are specific to the dell. upon boot to new comp, it should prompt you for discs for new drivers, if you do not unistall all the drivers, then you could bjork your data

No comments:

Post a Comment